OUR SERVO TECHNOLOGY
Based on our years of experience and being able to follow up on the latest technologies, MFS is dedicated to offer systems of the highest available standard meeting the demands of the aeronautical and space projects.
Unlike competition using the standard stepper motor/AC-DC motors, we only opt for the best materials maintaining a very competitive price but with much higher standard.
Servomotors are generally used as a high performance alternative to the stepper motors.
Stepper motors have some inherent ability to control position, as they have built-in output steps. This often allows them to be used as an open-loop position control, without any feedback encoder, as their drive signal specifies the number of steps of movement to rotate.
This lack of feedback though limits their performance, as a stepper motor can only drive a load that is well within its capacity, otherwise missed steps under load may lead to positioning errors.
The encoder and controller of a servomotor are an additional cost, but they optimize the performance of the overall system (for all of speed, power and accuracy) relative to the capacity of the basic motor. With larger systems, where a powerful motor represents an increasing proportion of the system cost, servomotors have the advantage.
This leads to the fact that motion systems may be offered in two ranges, the low-priced range using stepper motors and the high-performance range using servomotors.
We definitely offer high performance and high fidelity and great price!
WHY IS SERVO TECHNOLOGY SO MUCH BETTER?
Superior performance and compact design
- A speed bandwidth of 1,600 Hz provides outstanding response
- Very precise control
- With a power density of 548 W/l our systems pack maximum power into minimum volume
- This reduces the motion system footprint and decreases costs
Open for the world of existing motion system to rebuild
- Our servo technology supports a wide selection of interfaces for fast integration into architectures
- Communication boards, encoder options and accessories adapt our motion solutions
- Leverage the full power of existing assets such as applications or legacy motors
Simplified engineering, installation and commissioning
- The new Autotuning function makes tuning easier than ever before for us allowing precise control
- Lexium 32 offers a host of features for rapid installation and maintenance e. g. removable, colour-coded connectors
- Integrated interface software makes our systems the most powerful available
- “Safe Torque Off” on board (IEC/EN 61800-5-2) for shorter downtimes and less wiring
- The optional enhanced safety module eSM frees you from the hassle of devising complex, proprietary safety concepts. Access to SS1, SS2, SOS and SLS safety functions (IEC/EN 61800-5-2)
Our servo technology meets all standards
Our Servo motors provide unequalled power density values to meet the requirements of all our systems covering a continuous stall range from 1.2 to 260 Nm for speeds up to 8000 rpm.
Our medium inertia servo motors are ideal for high-load applications and enable more robust adjustment of the movement, making for easier installation and adjustment of our systems.
They are certified as “Recognized” by the Underwriters Laboratories and conform to UL 1004 standards as well as to European directives (e marking).
Our servo systems have 2 degrees of protection for the shaft end: IP 50 or IP 65 (IP 67 with the conformity kit, which is available as an option) in accordance with standard IEC/EN 60529. The degree of protection of the casing is IP 65 (IP 67 with the conformity kit, which is available as an option)
Special featuresThe servo motors we use have been developed to comply with the following main specifications:
- The ambient operating temperature is – 20…+ 40°C without derating, in accordance with standard IEC 60721-3-3, category 3K3, and up to 55°C with derating of 1% of the nominal output power per additional °C above 40°C.
- The maximum operating altitude is 1000 m without derating, 2000 m with k = 0.86 and 3000 m with k = 0.8 (1).
- The relative humidity that the servo motor can withstand is in line with standard IEC 60721-3-3, categories 3K3, 3Z12 and 3Z2.
- The windings are insulation class F (maximum temperature for windings 155°C) in accordance with standard IEC 60034-1.
- The thermal protection is provided and controlled by the Lexium 32 servo drive via the motor temperature control algorithm.
Inspired by Simplicity!
Our servo driven systems provide you the drive and motor combination that has exactly the right power, performance and functionality and that comes at the right price.